Sunday, July 20, 2008

It's a wrap

This class had definitely brought to my attention many things going on around me that I had no clue about. Several things have sparked my interest and I want to have a serious role in making a difference. The birth control issue is probably first on my list, and I did do my power point project about it so I know different ways to get involved. Some of the other issues that we've covered have been eye opening for me, but the issue seems so complex and big that I don't even know where to begin! At this time in my life I am really focused on my marriage, school, and job, and I don't have much room or money to spare in light of what is going on in the world around me. I'd like to find a way to get involved, and I think that the internet is the best way to go about supporting a cause and not having to spend a great deal of time of money. It is pretty awesome that we have access to so many great causes at the tip of our fingers; all it takes it typing something in. I'm glad I've had the opportunity to enhance my role of womanhood and sense of self during this class. It was also a great experience to learn what our peers and other class mates had to say about these topics. It's been a wild ride and I don't regret the time, thought, or effort that has allowed me to see life in someone else's shoes.

No comments: