Sunday, July 6, 2008

Touchy Subject

First off, I would like to state that homosexuality does not personally offend me, if that is what someone wants for their life and it does not affect me then I do not have anything against that person and their lifestyle. On the other hand, my religious beliefs do not condone it, so although I am not going to start a riot or anything against a lesbian or gay person I am agreeing to disagree.I see heterosexuality as what nature intended, man and woman equals the continuation of humanity, that is what God intended and that is why marriage was created. Being that marriage is a Godly creation and God specifically states that it is for man and woman in essence to represent God himself I do not see it appropriate for people of the same sex to be married. Now, in here lies the problem, because God was not the one to make up the laws that gives married couple all the special benefits in today's society, and that it is our government that indeed enforced those laws, that it should be the laws that are amended and added to cater to the homosexual population and that if they want to be a couple with these man given benefits that a new term should be coined and new procedures altogether for this style of partnership. America is the land of the free, where all religions are accepted, but that doesn't change that America was first created through Christianity that enabled this viewpoint of acceptance in the first place, and I think that it is disrespectful to try to change a huge part of Christianity that is honored by so many and considered bestowed on us by God because some people that may or may not be Christians do not follow the guidelines given. America does not try to change aspects of other religions so I do not see it necessary to change marriage, when the real change should be within the laws of the government. Yes, I think in all fairness homosexuals should have the same benefits that heterosexual married couples have, but in order for that to occur I think a new ceremony of partnership should be considered that does not interfere with Christianity.

No comments: